Partnering event– hosted by the UK and Sweden
The Swedish Research Council, Vinnova, Enterprise Europe Network, Innovate UK, and the Knowledge Transfer Network are pleased to announce a partnering event focused on fostering and facilitating R&D project consortia for Horizon 2020 funded projects for topic BHC-07-2019 – Regenerative medicine: from new insights to new applications.Projects should focus on innovative translational research to develop regenerative processes towards the ultimate clinical goal of addressing unmet clinical needs of large patient groups. For a more detailed description of the topic please follow the link directing you to the Funding and Tenders Portal of the European commission.
The event, open to SMEs, larger companies, technology centres, universities and research organisations, will provide a platform for new translational research, commercial and technological collaborations, especially between UK and Swedish businesses and research organisations. We anticipate hosting approximately 60 participants from mainly the UK, and Sweden but also participants from the other Scandinavian countries are welcome to register.
If you are looking to lead or participate in a collaborative R&D project for this funding opportunity, this event will:
- Give you access to opportunities with like-minded companies and research organisations
- Enable you to find new partners for collaboration both from UK and Swedish industry and academia
- Help you establish cross-border contacts for collaborative R&D
- Inform you about the research and innovation ecosystem in Europe
Date: 10thof January 2019, time: 10:00 – 15:30, with registration and coffee from 09:30.
Venue: Vinnova, Mäster Samuelsgatan 56, 101 58 Stockholm
09.30 – Registrations & Coffee – Vinnova Head office
10.00 – Welcome and setting the scene for the event (Karin Aase – head of section EU-relations, Vinnova)
10.10 – Introduction & Eligibility of UK participants (Jerome de Barros – UK National Contact Point, Innovate UK)
10.20 – Introduction to BHC-07-2019 – Regenerative medicine: from new insights to new applications – web-based (Maria Pilar Aguar Fernandez,European commission, DG RTD Health)
11.00 – Overview of National initiatives in the UK (Tristan Pritchard-Meaker – Business Development Manager EU, Cell & Gene Therapy Catapult)
11.20 – Overview of National initiatives in Sweden, including CAMP Center for Advanced Medicinal Products (Mikael Wiberg, Professor of Hand surgery and Anatomy, Umeå University)
- – Experience from previously funded Health projects in Horizon 2020
- BOOSTB4: Boost Brittle Bones Before Birth (Cecilia Götherström, Associate Professor, Karolinska Institutet)
- C0806: Regenerative treatment of complete Traumatic Spinal Cord injury with a surgical implantation of a biodegradable device with FGF1 and nerve grafts (Mats Holmquist, Bioarctic Neuroscience AB)
12.20 – Support to applicants available in Sweden and the UK (EU SME support office in Sweden National Contact Points, KTN, EEN, etc.)
12.30 – Networking lunch
13.30 – Parallel Breakout sessions – workshop
15.30 – Collective refinement of workshops and final considerations
16.00 – Event ends
You can find the registration link here.