Read the report: Precision Medicine – The Swedish Industry Guide 2018! (SwedenBIO).
The report covers 76 companies developing innovative products and services that have the potential to advance the precision medicine sector.
- 72% are spin-offs from academia
- 50% are associated with incubators or science parks
- All companies except two have less than 50 employees
- 26 companies were founded over the last four years
- The companies collectively have more than 200 projects or launched products
- A comprehensive list of Swedish companies active in the field covering projects and products, development phase and partnering status
- Therapeutic and technology highlights include oncology, infectious diseases, imaging and liquid biospies
- National resources and platforms are also covered: Science for Life Laboratory, Human Protein Atlas and National biobanks and quality registers.
Development across Sweden
The companies are clustered in five major regions, with the capital region Stockholm-Uppsala home to almost 50%. More than one fourth of the companies are located in the southern Malmö-Lund region, followed by 14% in the Gothenburg region and 7% in the Umeå region. Linköping region also hosts 5% of the companies, mainly within imaging technologies.
Sara Gunnerås, Director of Research and Editor, SwedenBIO
firstname.lastname@example.org or +46 730 40 87 00