Please note that we are no longer accepting applications for this position as the deadline for applications was October 28.
SwedenBIO is a non-profit member organization, the highest decision-making body is the general meeting, which also appoints the organization’s board. Day-to-day operations are run by an office located in central Stockholm and headed by the CEO.
SwedenBIO’s vision is to drive issues that enable Sweden to offer attractive conditions for life science companies to grow and develop, as well as for international companies to decide to locate operations in Sweden.
This is done by focusing mainly on 3 areas: 1) building strong business networks, 2) disseminate facts and knowledge, 3) give the industry a strong voice in the public debate.
This position is responsible for leading SwedenBIO’s organization and engagement in Sweden as well as internationally. The position reports to the Chairman of the Board of SwedenBIO.
Managing SwedenBIO’s secretariat
- To manage the secretariat (comprising 8 staff members) and day-to-day administration, incl. economy.
- Create and maintain a team culture that values and drives high performance, supports innovation and challenges the status quo, and develops people.
- Ensure full compliance with local laws and regulations, as well as internal policies.
Politics, media and public affairs
- Act as the primary leading face representing SwedenBIO.
- Act as the overall leader of SwedenBIO’s efforts on external policy issues and represent the organization towards politics, decision makers and the media.
- Further strengthen SwedenBIO’s profile, reputation and network among national and regional stakeholders through effective stakeholder engagement and relationship management.
- Advocate for a favorable business environment for life sciences and, where appropriate, access to capital, research infrastructures, skills and investment climate, incl. taxes.
- To be responsible for the relationship with SwedenBIO’s members and ensure member benefits.
- Strengthen members’ networking and skills development through various events such as SwedenBIO Summit, Nordic Life Science Days, etc.
- Lead, organize and develop SwedenBIO’s working groups to develop the life science industry.
- Have a bachelor’s degree (or higher) in science, health, politics, public administration, law, economics or a related field.
- Experience in life science innovation and business.
- Experience of working in a managerial position and a proven ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships.
- Shows a solid understanding of life sciences and a demonstrated ability to promote policy issues related to funding, intellectual property, health systems, industrial policy and regulatory reform.
- Is a strategic thinker, with the ability to apply insights to challenges/opportunities.
- Has excellent written and oral communication skills and is fluent in Swedish and English.
The deadline for applications has passed.