The SwedenBIO Award aims to give increased visibility to the life science industry by recognizing and rewarding successful and exemplary member companies that have distinguished themselves and contributed to positive attention for the industry.
The SwedenBIO Award is the industry’s own prize and consists, in addition to the honor, of a traveling prize and two delegate places to theNordic Life Science Days. The winner of the SwedenBIO Award 2023 will be presented at the SwedenBIO Summit on January 30, 2024 and the deadline for nominations is November 30. The award will strengthen the vision of Sweden as a leading life science nation and contribute positively to the image and recognition of the life science industry among decision-makers and the public in Sweden.
The nominated companies will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- have a good reputation in the industry in general
- have demonstrated extraordinary achievements in terms of own R&D, business development, growth or similar
- have contributed to societal benefits that underline the importance of a successful life science industry in Sweden.
- be a life science company that is a member of the industry association SwedenBIO.
Everyone is free to nominate candidates for the SwedenBIO Award. The winner is chosen by a jury consisting of the SwedenBIO board.
Over the years, the following companies have receivedt the award:
- 2022 – Antaros Medical
- 2021 – BICO
- 2020 – Calliditas Therapeutics
- 2019 – Biotage
- 2018 – BioArctic
- 2017 – Oncopeptides
- 2016 – Alligator Bioscience
- 2015 – Recipharm
- 2014 – Orexo
- 2013 – Affibody
- 2012 – Vitrolife
- 2011 – Aerocrine
- 2010 – BioInvent
- 2009 – Cellavision
- 2008 – Medivir
- 2007 – Gyros