On February 8, 2023, SwedenBIO hosted a half-day conference on the topic of pharmaceutical manufacturing in Sweden. In three blocks, invited experts discussed the importance of pharmaceutical manufacturing for Sweden, why Sweden is an attractive country to locate manufacturing in and how the industry can secure skills.
The event was held in front of an audience at Life City in Stockholm and was also broadcast live online. You can watch the full conference in the three videos below.
BLOCK 1: How important is pharmaceutical manufacturing for Sweden?
Moderator: Alexandra Hoegberg, Director of Communication & International Marketing, SwedenBIO
- Lotta Ljungqvist, Chairman of the Board, SwedenBIO
- Sara Modig, State Secretary to the Minister for Energy and Industry Ebba Bush
- Charlotte af Klercker, Business Sweden
- Leif Johansson, Chairman of the Board, AstraZeneca
Block 2: Why choose Sweden as a production country?
Moderators: Janet Hoogstraate, Managing Director, Valneva Sverige AB and Marie Svensson, Next product program lead & Manager new technologies, Pfizer.
- Magnus Sävenhed, Managing Director, Novavax AB
- Thomas Eldered, Chairman of the Board, Flerie Invest & NorthX Biologics
- Anna Sandström, Senior Director Science Policy and Relations Europe, AstraZeneca
- Anders Wallström, Head of Manufacturing and Supply Chain, Xbrane Biopharma AB
- Christel Bergström, Professor in Molecular Pharmaceutics, Uppsala University
Block 3: How do we ensure the future supply of skills?
Moderator: Sandra Bydell Sveder, Project Manager on behalf of SwedenBIO; Talent Advisor, Mpya Sci & Tech.
- Åsa Manelius, General Manager Sweden Biologics, AstraZeneca
- Ellinor Crafoord, Talent Advisor, Mpya Sci & Tech
- Jennie Ekbeck, CEO, Umeå Biotech Incubator
The conference Pharmaceutical manufacturing for a competitive and healthier Sweden was organized by SwedenBIO, AstraZeneca, Pfizer Health AB, Novavax AB, Valneva Sverige AB, NorthX Biologics, Recipharm Pharmaceutical Development AB, APL – Apotek Produktion och Laboratorier AB, Phase2Phase Biopharma and Mpya Sci & Tech.