Our communication work is central to making the wheels turn in the virtual organization that SwedenBIO represents, with five employees, but over 100 representatives from the member companies in various roles. Using these, you capture and develop your organization’s needs and visibility through its members. As Communications Manager, you will, for example, be responsible for the Public Affairs & Communications working group.
You will also work closely with the CEO and Vice President on SwedenBIO’s strategic positioning, to reach out with the right message, at the right time. The work is agile and requires a high degree of professionalism.
This responsibility is integrated with all other activities. For example, together with colleagues, you will be responsible for organizing national and international events, such as SwedenBIO Summit and Nordic Life Science Days, where program content is designed in collaboration with member companies.
As a cog in a small team with a big mission, the willingness to contribute to the smooth running of the whole operation is important. You should be unpretentious and enjoy the variety of your tasks, and be comfortable working on high and low levels. You take both a driving role in developing our communication channels strategically and with member benefits in focus, while also completing and implementing the projects you initiate.
SwedenBIO’s visibility and impact has increased thanks to tools such as newsletters, social media, general media and industry press where relevance, impact and timing are key. At the same time, for us, communication is just as much a matter of having an ongoing dialog with our members to capture their needs and challenges.
We attach great importance to personal qualities. Experience from previous roles in the industry is an advantage. With a strong policy and advocacy profile in the existing team, experience in this area is less important. However, you need to understand the importance of acting quickly in situations involving political decision-making processes.
Your duties will include
– Identifying communication needs and interesting content in the membership for dissemination in internal channels (newsletters, web, podcasts, etc.) and external channels (articles and reports in the trade press, interviews in the general media).
– Managing media contacts nationally and internationally and working strategically to expand them.
– To be responsible for the press room, press releases and external monitoring.
– Together with members, further develop SwedenBIO’s importance as a digital meeting platform with niche material in e.g.. Business & Finance, skills supply and other themes that are close to the everyday life of member companies.
– To plan and implement our annual event SwedenBIO Summit with a program content that captures the business-related challenges that are relevant to the industry.
– Together with the members of your working group, ensure communication on the activities of the organization, from advocacy to events, courses, reports and international activities.
– Working with our Nordic sister organizations to promote the Nordic region as a life science region internationally.
Conditions of employment
SwedenBIO is covered by collective agreements.
Selection and interviews
This will be done on an ongoing basis. Starting date by agreement.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Enter reference Communications Manager.
Helena Strigård, CEO
Frida Lawenius, Vice President
SwedenBIO is the national trade organization for life sciences in Sweden. Our 300 or so member companies develop biotechnology, diagnostics, pharmaceuticals and medical devices or are experts in business development, intellectual property and law, among others. We organize the entire ecosystem from individual entrepreneurs to large global life science companies. What our members have in common is that they develop medical innovations that improve human health and contribute to economic prosperity in Sweden and the world.