This project was conducted as part of the MINERVA research fellowship, and the final report provides a comprehensive overview of the Japan Space policy and industry, with a focus on Earth Observation (EO), including a SWOT analysis of the Japanese EO industry. It’s the first report of its kind dedicated to the commercial EO data service industry in Japan, and it distinguishes itself through fresh market analysis based on on-site interviews with 40 private and public Japanese entities in 8 different industries that use Earth Observation products and services (including agriculture, maritime management & AIS; fishery and urban infrastructure management). The Report also provides policy and business recommendations for Europe, as well as important points to consider when engaging with Japanese companies derived from direct interactions with the key Japanese EO companies and government bodies.
Registration deadline: 13/03/2017
What you will learn during this webinar?
In 40 minutes from your desk, you will gain:
- Overview of the Japanese space policy and the political landscape
- Insight into the key players in the Japanese EO data service industry
- Recent trends and challenges in the Japanese EO data service industry
- Overview of the needs of the user communities in Japan with respect to EO data
- Possible opportunities for EU SMEs in Japan and points to consider
- Expert’s presentation
- Q&A Session
Speaker: Ryuichi Dunphy, European Representative Consultant, Japan Space Systems
Organiser: EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation – Brussels Office